893 N. IH-35, Round Rock, TX. Proudly serving Round Rock, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Hutto, Austin and surrounding areas.
Pain Relief and Management
See Testimonials Pain Management for testimonials from this clinic.
For more information on how Acupuncture can relieve these types of pain, see:
- Acupuncture for Back Pain
- Acupuncture for Knee Pain
- Acupuncture for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Acupuncture for Hip and Sciatic Pain
- Acupuncture for Headache and Migraine Pain
What Causes Pain?
Pain can come from many causes – trauma, injury, illness, or from no known cause. But, once the pain is there, what are my options?
- Hope it will go away – this may work with acute headache or muscle pain. If we “pulled” a muscle or sprained an ankle, then with a day or two of rest the body heals itself. In these cases, it is important to care for yourself, don’t over-do it, and be aware of what your body is doing. Be aware, that if the pain is severe, then this is not a valid option.
- Numb the pain – taking pain relief medication can help for minor aches and pains. But when the pain is severe or often, then getting to the root of the problem by seeing your Doctor is a must to prevent further damage. Masking the pain with medication and continuing to use the damaged body part can be harmful to your body.
- See your Doctor – Your Doctor can do tests on the affected area to determine if there is structural damage. These test results can be beneficial for your Doctor or your Acupuncturist to make a diagnosis and treatment plan. Your Doctor may recommend options such as ongoing prescription pain relief, physical therapy, or even surgery.
- See your Acupuncturist – Your Acupuncturist can determine what inbalance in the body is causing the pain. See below for how acupuncture and herbal medicine can help.
How Can Acupuncture Help?
In Oriental Medicine terms, pain is the result of a blockage in the body. The body’s vital energy, Qi (pronounced “chee”) or Blood is not moving freely and smoothly throughout the body. The place of blockage is where the pain manifests. Acupuncture breaks up the blockage, letting the Qi and Blood flow smoothly releasing the pain. Acupuncture can be a permanent fix to pain, instead of just a mask to the pain.
The world Health Organization (WHO) and the National Institute of Health (NIH) have acknowledged that acupuncture can be used in the treatment and ellimination of pain due to many causes. Acupuncture can help with many types of pain:
- Chronic headache and migraines
- Upper back and shoulder
- Rotator cuff
- Mid back
- Lower back
- Tennis/Golfer’s elbow
- Carpal Tunnel
- Arthritis (Osteo and Rheumatoid)
- Stomach, Ulcer, Digestive Tract pain
Ask your Acupuncturist how acupuncture can help relief your specific type of pain.